Home Depot agreed to my terms, and I’m going to have to get used to the short space for cooking. Did survive making curried cauliflower soup last night.
The parrot cage seems to be more of a problem. Person I spoke to today didn’t seem too swift. Wish I remembered who I spoke to Friday. So far, I have to have the hole drilled (How the heck do you drill through cast iron?) myself, they’ll refund me $30, and replace the cracked perch. The fact that the play top doesn’t connect was past her expertise (and I use the term lightly). She was going to call me back. Glad I didn’t hold my breath. Poor Bobby is still in his broken cage.
Soup turned out good.
A new Yankee Candle coupon for this week.
I haven’t bought Oreck before, but they have a good reputation in general. My Swivel Sweeper died, and I just ordered this to replace it. It’s a great price with 10% off and free s&h with code CELEBRATE2011. It converts to hand held & has attachments. $45
I don’t usually like fruit mixed with my food, but this sounds really good to me.
4 – 1/4 slices sweet onion
1 green bell pepper
1 large head broccoli
Juice of 4 freshly squeezed limes
Dashes of chipotle sauce
No salt herb blend – to taste
4 – 1/4 inch pineapple slices – can be fresh or canned
Drizzle of soy sauce
2. Place chicken breasts in plastic bag along with lime juice. Marinate while grilling onion and green pepper.
3. Lightly coat green pepper slices and onion with extra virgin olive oil and grill until grill marks are present, but still fairly crisp.
4. Grill marinated pineapple slices.
5. Grill chicken breasts only until grill marks are present and chicken breasts are about one third cooked.
6. Lightly spray 13×9 bake wear pan with non stick oil.
7. Place four slices of pineapple in pan. Top with onion and then green pepper. Place chicken breast on top.
8. Cut broccoli off head into flowerets. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and no salt herb blend. Place in baking pan along side chicken.
9. Drizzle soy sauce lightly over all. Cover with aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven.Bake in 350 degree oven for about half an hour.At the end of the baking time, you will have a nice sauce that can be drizzled over each serving of the chicken and broccoli.