This was a horrible weekend. Crazy rain yesterday, and though it wasn’t cold, it was very windy. Going from the car the my apartment (not very far) I was soaked through my coat. Supposed to get down to the 20’s from now on. I’m a summer person.
I finally broke down and sighned a 2-year contract on my cell phone, something I’ve avoided till now. Got Hubby & me LG Rumor Touch phones. Not nearly as simple as my Samsung, but I’m sure I’ll learn to love it, won’t I? I know how to make calls now, but not hang up, and haven’t figured out how to answer calls yet. Have I mentioned that I’m dechanically inclined? I did find that the car charger they charge $15 for at the Sprint store where I got my numbers transferred, is $2.95 with free s&h onEbay. I ordered a case too so we call tell ours apart. We both ordered blue. The purple was pretty nice too.
I guess this is pretty handy when washing new, bright colors, but I usually just use a cup of vinegar in the wash to set the colors.
With Color Catcher® you can mix whites, lights and colors without worrying about color runs. Get a free sample now!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl. Gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Cream well.
- Add unbeaten egg yolk and vanilla and beat well.
- Blend in sifted flour to form a stiff dough.
- Shape dough into small balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes, till golden brown (do not overbrown.)
- Cool before frosting. Garnish with pecan halves.